Because of the tragic situation created in Greece, and because here, in one way or another, all current and former politicians and all their partners enjoy full immunity from criminal offenses they may commit during their stint in governmental office, we decided to turn to International Courts and three appeals were sent to you. The first one on October 11, 2011, the second on March 2, 2012 and the third on July 11, 2012. The first appeal was redacted by two ladies. The second was redacted by me, and another 25 citizens had signed it in order to urge the commencement of the investigations. The last one was redacted by journalists and lawyers.
On 1 May 2012, I have put on the internet a petition to inform (via the background ) the global public opinion about the real situation in Greece about our defensive moves including the three appeals to the ICC and to ask for help. In the same time I have also made a blog ( JusticeForGreece ) to accommodate the Greek version of the petition and to present there all the legal steps taken by citizens especially against the political and State leadership of the country after 2009 and all the evidence capable of supporting the struggle of all Greeks. See the About and take from the blog any evidence you need. There are already a lot. Please note that will be also collected more evidence in a new location: Crimes Against Greeks.
After the last elections (June 2012) I made the background shorter and I published the initial one (updated) as an article on the petition’s blog. As you can read there, the full background is a very short abstract of my appeal to the ICC.
The last part of my story is this: yesterday I heard that you have ignored totally the second and the third appeal, and that you have examined only the first one and you have sent this answer: “Please be assured that your communication dated 11 October 2011 was received on 25 October 2011 and duly analyzed with your other communications. However, … the conduct described in your communication does not appear to fall within the limited jurisdiction of the Court. As such, there is no basis to proceed with further analysis at this time. However, that decision may be reconsidered if new facts or evidence are presented.”
But Sir, you have on your desk a lot of other information and evidence !!!! Why you ignored them ???? You are required to examine all the evidence that you have on hand and you can not select only a few of them ! A prosecutor must be objective not …. selective. You have received my appeal with a lot of evidence seven months ago and you have no the right to ignore it. We are speaking about genocide and crimes against humanity which are not a personal affair and as you know we have no powers to make indictments but only to inform you . And we did so. We are simple witnesses and we have described to you THE SAME crimes in different words and we have given different evidence and different reasons to examine them.
THE ONLY THING THAT WE ASK IS THE INITIATION OF A INVESTIGATION ! Why are you ignoring us ? Why you are not looking to all the evidence of the case ? Why you are not seeking additional information from States, organs of the United Nations, intergovernmental or non-governmental organizations, or other reliable sources?
a) My first letter :
Απο: cristina <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Προς: “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org> Κοιν.: 11 different accounts Στάλθηκε: 4:22 μ.μ. Παρασκευή, 2 Μαρτίου 2012 Θεμα: Notification: Very serious crimes in Greece, Salemi part one with evidence
TO THE PROSECUTOR OF THE INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT (ICC)
INFORMATION AND EVIDENCE PERTINENT TO SERIOUS BREACH OF THE ROME STATUTE OF THE INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT (ICC) BY POLITICAL AND STATE LEADERSHIP OF GREECE
Dear Sir/ Madam
I inform you, that this time, as we speak, serious crimes are committed in Greece and only you can stop them, as they concern crimes against humanity and attempted genocide of an entire race, and there is no judicial authority in Greece able to investigate them . I am speaking about Genocide by killing members of the population, by causing serious bodily or/and mental harm, by deliberately inflicting on the conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole (or in part), by imposing measures intended to prevent births and by forcibly transferring children. And I am speaking about crimes against humanity because during the last 2 years :
– there were a lot of inhumane acts against the population, causing great suffering, serious injury to body and to mental and physical health
– there were intentional inflictions of conditions of life, inter alia the deprivation of access to food and medicine, calculated to bring about the destruction of part of a population,
– there were intentional inflictions of severe pain or suffering, whether physical and mental,
– there were intentional severe deprivations of fundamental rights contrary to international law by reason of the identity of the collectivity
– we have lost the right of full ownership over our bodies and we can easy become victims of human organ trafficking (Enslavement)
– there were coercive acts to transfer of persons from the area in which they was lawfully present, without grounds permitted under international law .
And all these acts were committed by the political and state leadership of Greece as a part of a widespread and systematic attack directed against the population, with knowledge of the attack.
So I recorded the most important , in my opinion, criminal acts and their consequences which I believe that demonstrate completely the validity of the above allegations …… via post mail I have already sent you 14 DVDs. Thank you.
Sincerely and always at your disposal, Christina Salemi
I am a Greek citizen, residing in Chalkida (Paralia Avlidas), my ID card number is .. and my email address is email@example.com
List of attachments :
2. Salemi vs Papandreou 20.06.2011 criminal complaint- denunciation
3. Salemi, Mylona supplementary facts to the criminal complaint- denunciation
4. Salemi , Mylona vs Parliament no 2 (11/05/2011) second complaint
P.S With the notification about crimes against humanity and genocide in Greece, lots of persons agree , and they also urge you to take immediate action. Some of them are :
( name, residence, ID card number and email address if available of 25 persons )
15. Άγγελος Σταματίου, with comment (12 of February and i went to Syntagma to protest against the vote of memorandum 2. All protestors were desperate squawking against Troika, the members of the parliament and the parties. Suddenly, and without provocative attitude from the protestors side the police forces sprayed me and the other protestors with chemicals. It was awful, i could’t breath, i was crying for over 20 minutes and i could not explain why they sprayed us. We were just protesting democratically without violence. This fact infuriated about 30 to 40 people of the crowd who were wearing hoods and masks and they moved out of the crowd and started vandalize stores and breaking marbles to use against the police forces. They were so different from the crowd and they were also acting so different. The atmosphere became suffocating and the only think i could think was how to go home as soon as it was possible. I feel betrayed by my own country that faces democratic citizens like me and many others that were protesting peacefully like terrorists or common criminals.
Aggelos Stamatiou )
b) My second letterΑπο: cristina <firstname.lastname@example.org> Προς: “email@example.com” <firstname.lastname@example.org> Στάλθηκε: 4:22 μ.μ. Παρασκευή, 2 Μαρτίου 2012 Θεμα: Salemi Greece, notification part 2 – evidence
List of attachments :
3. Salemi, supplementary facts 22.06.2011
4. Electricity Bills
5. Income 2008, 2009, 2010
Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court
Article 15 Prosecutor
- The Prosecutor may initiate investigations proprio motu on the basis of information on crimes within the jurisdiction of the Court.
- The Prosecutor shall analyse the seriousness of the information received. For this purpose, he or she may seek additional information from States, organs of the United Nations, intergovernmental or non-governmental organizations, or other reliable sources that he or she deems appropriate, and may receive written or oral testimony at the seat of the Court.
- If the Prosecutor concludes that there is a reasonable basis to proceed with an investigation, he or she shall submit to the Pre-Trial Chamber a request for authorization of an investigation, together with any supporting material collected. Victims may make representations to the Pre-Trial Chamber, in accordance with the Rules of Procedure and Evidence.
- If the Pre-Trial Chamber, upon examination of the request and the supporting material, considers that there is a reasonable basis to proceed with an investigation, and that the case appears to fall within the jurisdiction of the Court, it shall authorize the commencement of the investigation, without prejudice to subsequent determinations by the Court with regard to the jurisdiction and admissibility of a case.
- The refusal of the Pre-Trial Chamber to authorize the investigation shall not preclude the presentation of a subsequent request by the Prosecutor based on new facts or evidence regarding the same situation
- If, after the preliminary examination referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2, the Prosecutor concludes that the information provided does not constitute a reasonable basis for an investigation, he or she shall inform those who provided the information. This shall not preclude the Prosecutor from considering further information submitted to him or her regarding the same situation in the light of new facts or evidence.
image from americaabroad.org